Directions from Flagstaff to Show Low
From Flagstaff, the first step is to get you to the town of Show Low in the White Mountains.
From Flagstaff to Show Low
- Travel east on Interstate 40 to Holbrook, Arizona.
- Turn south on AZ-77 to Show Low, Arizona.
From Show Low, there are two alternate routes to Hidden Meadow Ranch, as follows:
To Hidden Meadow Ranch from Show Low—South Route (all-season access; much smoother road)
*This route is a little longer through town but shorter on the cinder road, which is plowed from the highway to the ranch in the winter.
- You'll stop at the traffic signal at Hwy. 60; and continue straight on Penrod Road, which will dead end at Hwy. 260 in Lakeside..
- Turn left onto Hwy. 260 through Pinetop-Lakeside and then continue 35-40 minutes on Hwy. 260 east.
- At approximately mile marker #385, turn left/north onto County Road #1325/Forest Road #118, which is a graded cinder road.
- If you miss this turn (and many of us do the first time!), proceed about one-quarter mile to the Greer turnoff and U-turn, then take the first right turn coming back.
- Proceed for 6.5 miles on Forest Road #118, which has some relatively sharp curves but continues northerly. Watch for signs to Hidden Meadow Ranch on the right side of the road along the way – and keep your eyes peeled for elk, deer and cattle as well!
- About six miles from the highway turnoff, you’ll see a sign on the right that marks the Carnero Lake turnoff. Do not turn left but stay on the main road for another one-half mile.
- Six and one-half miles from the highway turnoff, you’ll see a sign on the right side of the road pointing to the ranch entrance on the left. Turn left into the Ranch and proceed to the Welcome Cabin, the first cabin on the left side of the entry road. Guest parking spaces are adjacent to the Welcome Cabin and are marked.
To Hidden Meadow Ranch from Show Low – North Route (primitive road; no winter access*)
*This route is 15-20 minutes shorter in non-snow seasons but is longer on a primitive cinder road. The last ten miles of this route are unplowed in the winter.
- Turn left at the traffic signal onto Hwy. 60 and continue east for approximately 32 miles.
- Near mile marker #372, you will turn right/south onto County Road #3123/Forest Road #117, which is a graded cinder road with some relatively sharp curves. Watch for signs to Hidden Meadow Ranch on the right side of the road along the way, and keep your eyes peeled for antelope and cattle on the flats and elk and deer in the forest!
- About six miles south of the highway turnoff, you will reach a “Y” in the road with a sign for the Wildlife Habitat Area straight ahead at the center of the fork. Stay to the left at this “Y” and proceed southerly on what is now Forest Road #118.
- Approximately 10 miles from the highway turnoff, you’ll see a sign on the left pointing to the ranch entrance on the right. (If you reach the Carnero Lake turnoff, you’ve gone too far. Turn around and go back one-half mile.)
- Turn into Hidden Meadow Ranch on the right and proceed to the Welcome Cabin, the first cabin on the left side of the entry road. Guest parking spaces are adjacent to the Welcome Cabin and are marked.